Light and easy is the common theme with these morning recipes.
You’ve heard it so many times you could scream: Breakfast is the most important meal. Thing is, it’s advice that shouldn't be ignored. Life looks better with a nourishing morning fix. We tapped three restaurants for their best recipes to jump-start your day. They each require some ingredient-gathering (we promise it’s worth it). With fuel like this in your arsenal, even the snooze button can wait.
Alchemized Mint Chip Moon Milk
Recipe by Moon Juice
Yield: 12 oz.
1 ½ tsp. Ormus Greens
2 tsp. mesquite
2 tsp. maca
¼ tsp. mint extract
1 tsp. cacao nibs
½ tsp. coconut nectar/ 1 drop Stevia
12 oz. pumpkin seedmilk
Add ingredients to Vitamix or blender, blend and enjoy.
Rose Petal Granola
Adapted from The London Plane
Yield: Approximately 4 cups
2 c. oats
½ c. pistachios
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cardamom
¼ c. sesame seeds
¼ c. coconut oil
1/3 c. honey
½ tsp. rose water
¼ c. currants
½ c. rose petals
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, salt, cardamom and seeds.
2. In a saucepan, melt coconut oil and honey. Add rose water.
3. Add coconut oil/honey/rosewater mixture to oats/nuts. Stir thoroughly to coat.
4. Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
5. When cool, add currants and rose petals.
Adapted from Chloe’s Soft Serve Fruit
Yields: 1 bowl
2 packets unsweetened acai
½ frozen banana
½ c. organic almond milk
Toppings: blueberries, strawberries, granola, unsweetened shredded coconut (to your taste)
1. The night before, freeze a peeled banana in a plastic bag.
2. The next morning, blend acai, banana, and almond milk in a Vitamixor blender to a thick consistency (don't let it get soupy). Pour into a bowl, add toppings and enjoy.